Report Abuse

Home / Safe Environments / Report Abuse


The Chaldean Diocese of St. Thomas the Apostle encourages individuals to report clergy sexual abuse of minors and others directly to law enforcement – no matter when the abuse occurred. There are no deadlines or time limits on those who wish to come forward for help; our diocese accepts and responds to all reports.


If you suspect someone is in immediate danger, call 911

Law Enforcement
Individuals may also report abuse to the Michigan Attorney General’s Office by calling its toll-free reporting hotline at (844) 324-3374 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) or by emailing

For the state of Illinois, you may contact the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services child abuse hotline at 1-800-252-2873.

Chaldean Diocese
To inform the diocese of a complaint of sexual abuse, contact our Victim Assistance Coordinator, Janan Senawi, on our confidential line at (248) 354-3066. All calls and messages regarding complaints of sexual abuse are kept completely confidential and will be returned as soon as possible. This line is for reporting suspected sexual misconduct or child abuse within Chaldean diocese institutions and ministries only.

Mandated Reporting
Mandated reporters in Michigan must make an immediate verbal report to the CPS Centralized Intake for Abuse & Neglect at (855) 444-3911, followed by a written report within 72 hours. Reports also can be made online.

For more information on mandated reporting, see the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services website.

Reporting a Bishop
The Catholic Bishop Abuse Reporting Service (CBAR) has been established to receive reports of sexual abuse and related misconduct by bishops and to relay those reports to proper Church authorities for investigation. To make a report, visit or phone (800) 276-1562. When a report includes a crime, such as the sexual abuse of a minor, it will also be reported to civil authorities. Otherwise, reports will be kept confidential.

Reports of sexual misconduct by other Church personnel—priests, deacons, laypersons—should be reported in using the means described in the above sections.